Bastrop Independent School District

Skip to main content
Human Resources » Employee Resignation

Employee Resignation

Employee Resignation

In order to separate from the Bastrop ISD, you must submit a letter of resignation to your principal or supervisor. The letter must be dated and include the effective date of your resignation and your signature.

If you are also retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You may access their website via or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note: Although your resignation is processed through BISD, your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). BISD cannot address questions related to retirement.

Further Information About the Resignation Process:
• If you are interested in requesting a refund of your TRS member contribution, you may download the TRS 6 form. The form must be signed and notarized and submitted / mailed directly to TRS in Austin. Please Note: This is not a requirement when you separate from employment, however, it is an option.
• If you are retiring through TRS, you will receive a Notice of Final Deposit Before Retirement. This is also referred to as the TRS 7 Form. It will be sent directly to you from TRS after you have requested retirement information. This form is submitted by you to BISD Business Office for completion and submission to TRS directly from BISD.
• If you need to update your name, address, or phone number, complete and submit this information to the Human Resources Deparmtment.
• If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA) contact the BISD Benefits Manager, Marsha Goertz, at 512-772-7135.
• In order for the district to receive feedback on your experience in Bastrop, we would encourage you to complete the Exit Questionnaire Survey below. It may be submitted by scanning/emailing to faxing to 512-308-9501 or mailing Bastrop Independent School District Attn: Human Resources Department 906 Farm Street Bastrop, Texas 78602
• To request your district service records, complete and submit the Employee Records Request.
• If you are interested in substituting, please contact Diana Greene at

While you are still employed with BISD, you will have access to: 
Skyward Employee Access - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information. After your last day of employment with the district this information will be inactivated.

We appreciate your service to the students of BISD and wish you the best in your future endeavors!

For submission of resignation documents or questions about the resignation process, please email