At its August 15 board meeting, the Bastrop ISD Board of Trustees voted to call for an $88.5 million dollar bond election to be placed on the November 2017 ballot. On this page, you will find helpful information (in both English and Spanish) to help you learn more about the bond projects, including:
- Bond presentation
- Frequently asked questions
- Early voting locations, dates and hours
- Election day poll locations and hours
- Application for residence homestead exemption
If you have any questions or need assistance with any of the resources here, please contact the Communications Office at (512) 772-7143 or email the Dr. Kristi Lee, Executive Director of Communications, at email@example.com
We appreciate your interest and involvement in the future of Bastrop ISD.
Tax Calculation Methods
We have provided two methods for calculating the impact of the projected 2.05 penny increase on your taxes.
- You may click on the link below called "Online Tax Calculator" to be redirected to an online calculator. There, you enter in your home's assessed value and click Submit. This will calculate your maximum monthly tax increase.
- You may also figure your own taxes using the calculation method. An example has been provided for you below.
The example below shows how to calculate tax impact using the average home value in Bastrop ISD of $143,079. In the event a homeowner does not have a homestead exemption, which would be unusual, then the tax would be figured on the original appraised value.
Step 1: Deduct $25,000 homestead exemption from your appraised home value.
$143,079 appraised value
-25,000 homestead exemption
Step 2: Multiply your new value by .014615 (which is the total tax rate divided by 100).
The owner of the average value home in BISD would pay $1,725.72 in taxes, which is an increase of $24.21 for the year or $2.02 per month.