In Bastrop ISD, we use co-teaching as one strategy to ensure the most positive outcomes for students with disabilities. There are numerous benefits to a co-teaching arrangement:
1. Students with disabilities access the general education curriculum in a general education classroom.
2. Students with disabilities STILL receive specialized instruction based on their needs.
3. Teachers who co-teach learn from each other's expertise and expand the scope of their own instructional capacity and practice.
4. Co-teaching can reduce the stigma associated with pull-out programs.
5. Both students with disabilities and non-disabled students may feel more connected to one another, building empathy and understanding.
Teachers at Mina Elementary School are motivating 3rd-grade students to read in a unique way that's spreading across the Bastrop community. The program is called "Mina READS!".Uploaded Nov 14, 2017 to Communications
Here in Bastrop ISD, GoldStar Transit has been visiting schools to talk about emergency evacuations, proper ways to exit the school bus, and why it's important both students and drivers pay attention to the road. These are lessons safety officials suggest parents review with their children.Uploaded Oct 19, 2017 to Communications
Trustees met for a regularly scheduled meeting. Agenda items include honoring our principals for Principal Appreciation Month and approving a resolution that opposes the location of proposed Waste Water Transfer Station.Uploaded Oct 18, 2017 to Communications and School Board
Learn more about Bastrop ISD's 2017 bond on the November ballot.Uploaded Sep 26, 2017 to Communications and School Board