Mr. Murray gives his final update as Superintendent of Bastrop ISD.Uploaded Dec 12, 2017
In Bastrop ISD, we use co-teaching as one strategy to ensure the most positive outcomes for students with disabilities. There are numerous benefits to a co-teaching arrangement:
1. Students with disabilities access the general education curriculum in a general education classroom.
2. Students with disabilities STILL receive specialized instruction based on their needs.
3. Teachers who co-teach learn from each other's expertise and expand the scope of their own instructional capacity and practice.
4. Co-teaching can reduce the stigma associated with pull-out programs.
5. Both students with disabilities and non-disabled students may feel more connected to one another, building empathy and understanding.
Teachers at Mina Elementary School are motivating 3rd-grade students to read in a unique way that's spreading across the Bastrop community. The program is called "Mina READS!".Uploaded Nov 14, 2017 to Communications
Learn more about Bastrop ISD's 2017 bond on the November ballot.Uploaded Sep 26, 2017 to Communications and School Board
BHS Bear Stage Theatre Company is hosting its first ever Musical Theatre Summer Camp. For the past few days students, K-5 have been learning their places, their lines, and their dance moves to put on the beloved classic, The Jungle Book. So, come and listen to the story that we call the Jungle Book. Take a look...at the hard work these students have been putting in all week and the confidence they are building!!Uploaded Jun 15, 2017 to Communications and Fine Arts/J.F.W. Performing Arts Center
New 212° & IT Award Recipients Announced! We are so proud of our colleagues who are recognized for their hard work & dedication.Uploaded May 26, 2017 by Web Admin to Inside BISD, Communications and Administration
Superintendent Steve Murray surprise the school district's Elementary School Teacher of the Year: Jaime Williams, Secondary School Teacher of the Year: Megan Brandon, and Paraprofessional of the Year: Jeanie Kirsch.Uploaded May 17, 2017 to Inside BISD, Communications and Administration
Watch the Bastrop Education Foundation give out 41 grants totaling nearly $150K to teachers in Bastrop ISD! It is amazing to see our community's generosity be put to work in the classroom!Uploaded Apr 24, 2017 to Inside BISD, Communications, and 3 more
VIDEO: We are so proud of our colleagues here at BISD who received 212° & IT Awards this week. Watch as Superintendent Steve Murray surprises the recipients.Uploaded Apr 20, 2017 to Inside BISD, Communications, and 2 more