The 2020-2021 school year has started and there are a couple of pieces of information that we want to make sure that you and your students have as you navigate learning in an virtual/face to face environment.
August 18th-September 8th:
Please review the attached document for the "Bell Schedule" that your student will follow for these three weeks. Student will "see" their teachers for roughly 30 minutes daily of live instruction, with all live classes ending at 12:30 p.m. Teachers will have "office hours" everyday from either 1:00-2:00 p.m. or 2:00-3:00 p.m. Both parents and students are welcome to use this time to contact their teachers, ask questions or get any support as needed.
Students have five ways to earn their daily attendance and they are as follows:
- Participate in a virtual class meeting
- Complete an activity or submit an assignment before 11:59 p.m.
- Complete activities in iStation or Imagine Math
- Check in with their teacher during office hours
- Engage in two-way communication with their teacher, for example a phone call or email.
If your student is unable to access online learning, please expect daily phone calls for one or more of their teachers.
Helpful Links and Information for Parents and Students:
- Parent Login Guides are available for your reference.
- Have your students check their BISD student email for Google Classroom links sent by their teachers
- The following link provides info on the BISD Hotline for online learning support in English and Spanish
- Bus Wi-Fi Locations have been updated. Please click the link to access the new locations.