Welcome to Red Rock Elementary! We are one of six elementary schools in Bastrop ISD, serving close to 650 students each day. We are located on FM 20 in Red Rock, Texas. We are committed to excellence for all students.Vision
At Red Rock Elementary, we will achieve high levels of learning, build empowered student advocates through rigorous expectations, scaffolded supports and unconditional love while honoring diversity and celebrating community.
En la Escuela Primaria Red Rock, lograremos altos niveles de aprendizaje, construiremos defensores estudiantiles empoderados a través de expectativas rigurosas, apoyos andamiados y amor incondicional mientras honramos la diversidad y celebramos la comunidad.MissionEvery Roadrunner. Every minute. Every day.Cada Correcaminos. Cada minuto. Cada día.
RRE is THE place to BE!
RoadrunnersHere is more information about our school:We teach the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills), our state-mandated curriculum, as well as other important 21st century skills to make sure that our students are ready for the world ahead of them! As parents, you are our partners in your child’s education. We ask you to join us in making lifelong learning and the development of the whole child our priority.
Here are some friendly reminders:
- Please bring your child to school on time. School begins at 7:30 a.m. Any student who arrives to class after the 7:30 a.m. bell is considered tardy.
- When dropping off at school, please remember that students are not allowed to walk through the parking lot alone to ensure their safety. You may park in any available parking space and walk your child to the door, but for their safety, you may not drop them in the parking lot. Also, please remember Handicap Parking spaces are only for cars with the appropriate handicap tags and license plates.
- If your child is absent, please call the office by 9 am. When your child returns to school, please send a doctor's note and/or written note including student's name, teacher, date(s) and a reason for absence(s). Please call the office before 2 p.m. to make any change to your child's transportation for the day. We cannot honor change of transportation requests after 2 p.m.
- Red Rock Elementary uses Thursday folders as a means to communicate school activities with parents. Some teachers may also use a daily folder for reading logs and agendas. Check your child’s folder or agenda when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers. In times that are busy, it is our hope that Thursday folders will add regular and consistent communication that is predictable for families.
- Occasionally, we may have to contact you by phone, mail or email. Please help us keep your contact information updated when changes are made. It is also important to communicate with your child’s teacher. Please feel free to contact him/her before or after school or during their conference times.
- Please provide a picture ID when visiting campus so that you can be signed in.