Welcome to Lost Pines Elementary, home of the Explorers! It is our goal here at LPE to prepare our students for future success by providing meaningful learning experiences. As parents and family members of our students, you are our partners in achieving this goal. We believe that it takes all of us in this together, so we welcome and appreciate your participation in your child's academic experience. We would also like to thank you for your support in having your child attend each day because when they are here...they are learning.
To prepare our students for future success by providing meaningful learning experiences.
What's your game plan?
...because failing to prepare is Preparing to fail.
Here are some friendly reminders:
- Please bring your child to school on time. School begins at 7:20 a.m. Any student who arrives to class after the 7:30 a.m. bell is considered tardy. Please make every effort to have your child at school by 7:20 a.m. The Car Lane is usually very busy, so make sure you allow extra time.
- If your child is absent, please call the office by 9 am. When your child returns to school, please send a doctor's note and/or a written note including student's name, teacher, date(s) and a reason for absence(s). Please call the office before 2 p.m. to make any change to your child's transportation for the day. We cannot honor a change of transportation requests after 2 p.m.
- Some teachers may use a daily folder for reading logs and agendas. Check your child’s folder or agenda when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers. In times that are busy, it is our hope that folders will add regular and consistent communication that is predictable for families.
- Please read with or to your child every night. Reading is a skill critical to the mastery of all other subjects and an important learning habit.
- Practice those math facts! Simple flashcards are a great tool and way to practice this important foundation that our children need.
- Occasionally, we may have to contact you by phone, mail or email. Please help us keep your contact information updated when changes are made. It is also important to communicate with your child’s teacher. Please feel free to contact him/her before or after school or during their conference times.
- We will make an effort to protect instructional time. For this reason, we ask that you schedule a time to see your teacher before or after school or during their conference period. We do not send parents to classrooms during instruction unless previously scheduled.
- We love to celebrate our students' birthdays with them and with you! Should you wish to bring a treat for your student's birthday, please do so after 2:15 pm and we will be happy to send you to their classroom to celebrate. It is always helpful to let the teacher know if you plan a birthday celebration.
Green and White