Welcome to Lost Pines Elementary, home of the Explorers! It is our goal here at LPE to prepare our students for future success by providing meaningful learning experiences. As parents and family members of our students, you are our partners in achieving this goal. We believe that it takes all of us in this together, so we welcome and appreciate your participation in your child's academic experience. We would also like to thank you for your support in having your child attend each day because when they are here...they are learning.
Mission: Our mission is to ensure high levels of learning every day for every student so they achieve success in school and beyond.
Here are some friendly reminders:
- Please bring your child to school on time. School begins at 7:15 a.m. Any student who arrives to class after the 7:30 a.m. bell is considered tardy. Please make every effort to have your child at school by 7:15 a.m. The Car Lane is usually very busy, so make sure you allow extra time.
- If your child is absent, please call the office by 9 am. When your child returns to school, please send a doctor's note and/or a written note including student's name, teacher, date(s) and a reason for absence(s). Please call the office before 2 p.m. to make any change to your child's transportation for the day. We cannot honor a change of transportation requests after 2 p.m.
- Some teachers may use a daily folder for reading logs and agendas. Please check your child’s folder or agenda when it comes home. These are the tools that teachers use to keep you informed and that you can use to communicate with teachers. In times that are busy, it is our hope that folders will add regular and consistent communication that is predictable for families.
- School wide communication will come home in Thursday's folders. On the first Thursday of each month, our monthly newsletters go home in the folder.
- Please read with or to your child every night. Reading is a skill critical to the mastery of all other subjects and an important learning habit.
- Practice those math facts! Simple flashcards are a great tool and way to practice this important foundation that our children need.
- Occasionally, we may have to contact you by phone, mail or email. Please help us keep your contact information updated when changes are made. It is also important to communicate with your child’s teacher. Please feel free to contact him/her before or after school or during their conference times.
- We will make an effort to protect instructional time. For this reason, we ask that you schedule a time to see your teacher before or after school or during their conference period. We do not send parents to classrooms during instruction unless previously scheduled.
- We love to celebrate our students' birthdays with them! Should you wish to bring a treat for your child's birthday, please deliver any birthday treats to the office and they will be delivered to the classroom that day. The classroom teacher will set up a time at the end of the day for all to enjoy and celebrate your child. It is always helpful to let the teacher know if you plan a birthday celebration.
School Colors: Green and White