BISD At Home
Due to the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), Bastrop ISD is closed from March 23rd-May 3rd. All of us here at Bastrop ISD are working together to meet the needs of all our students. In doing so, we have come up with plans to provide meals while students are at home, as well as both online and offline learning materials. Click on the menu bar on the left for more details about At Home Learning, Meals, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Tips for Families:
Working from home and learning from home is a balancing act. Here are some tips to help make working and learning at home more efficient for you and your children:
- Establish and keep a schedule to help students adjust to their new learning environment. This time at home might feel like a vacation for your child, but it’s important to remind them that their education still comes first.
- Select a home location with good lighting, access to a computer or a mobile device, and adequate space.
- Limit distractions so students can keep their focus on school work.
- Maintain clear expectations about school work while learning from home.
- Work in breaks and "recess". Just like at school, kids need to take a break. Students function best if they maintain their routine as close to normal as possible. Make sure they eat lunch or a snack and get in some fresh air, even if it's sitting on the back porch.
- Maintain contact with your child's teacher and other parents. Communicating with the teacher will keep your child on their class schedule. Share with other parents about what you found is effective and where you could use some help. Parents who have children at home are going through this new experience with you.