Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Substitute for Bastrop ISD!
Notice to all Substitute Applicants: Please make sure that you have a valid email address listed on your application, as this is the main form of contact throughout the hiring process. We will only contact qualified applicants when the demand requires us to expand our substitute numbers. Applications will be reviewed throughout the school year.
Why become a Substitute for Bastrop ISD?
- Flexible working hours
- Great practice for future teacher
- You choose the age group you would like to teach
- Good second income
- Substitute teaching is FUN!
We recruit individuals who:
- Enjoy working with children with different backgrounds and abilities
- Believe in our District's Mission - "To ensure all students participate in meaningful learning experiences that incorporate and develop the 21st-century knowledge and skills required to be successful in post-secondary education, the regional and national workforce, and the global economy”
- Want to make a positive difference in a child's life
In order to be eligible to substitute you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Certified teacher (require a copy of teaching certificate)
- Completed some college hours in an accredited university (provide a copy of transcript)
- HS Graduate (provide a copy of diploma or certificate)
How to become a substitute teacher:
Step 1: Complete an online substitute application. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
Step 2: After careful review of your application, you will be contacted via e-mail if your qualifications meet our needs.
Step 3: Attend orientation.
Step 4: You will be required to complete the state-mandated fingerprinting process. Each substitute will be responsible for the fee of $47.45 to be fingerprinted.
Step 5: Once your fingerprints are received and reviewed by the district, you will be notified that you are active in AESOP (the substitute system) and cleared to work.