Bastrop ISD offers full-day pre-Kindergarten to eligible children at Bluebonnet Elementary, Cedar Creek Elementary, Lost Pines Elementary, Mina Elementary, and Red Rock Elementary. For the 2020-21 school year, a half-day pre-Kindergarten program will be offered at Emile Elementary.
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten, your child must be 4 years of age by September 1 and meet at least one of the following requirements as required by state law:
Parents of NEW Pre-Kindergarten students will need to complete an online enrollment application. Visit our Online Enrollment Portal to begin this process. Please note: All required documents and your completed and approved online enrollment application are due to the campus registrar no later than 3 PM on Friday, August 14 in order to attend school on the first day of classes (Tuesday, August 18th).
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. (Parent must complete a Home Language Survey and the child must quality on the Pre-IDEA Proficiency Test (Pre-IPT) administered at or before registration.
- Child is educationally disadvantaged (which means eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program).
- Child is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child.
- Child is a dependent of an active duty member of the U.S. armed forces who is ordered to active duty by proper authority (includes the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces.
- Child is a dependent of an active duty member of the U.S. armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty (includes the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces.
- Child is or ever has been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (foster care) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
- Child is a dependent of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code.