Pre-Kindergarten Enrollment Information
To be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten program, your child must be 4 years of age by Sept. 1 and meet an eligibility requirement as required by Texas law. No exceptions can be made:
- The child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language and are Limited English Proficiency (LEP) students. Students must complete a Home Language Survey and the child must qualify on the Pre -IDEA Proficiency Test (Pre-IPT), which will be administered at registration
- The child is educationally (economically) disadvantaged: Eligible to participate in the National Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program based on family income. Eligible by having a food stamp or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Eligibility Group Number (EDG#).
- The child is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302.
- The child has a parent or official guardian that is an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority. This includes uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA).
- The child has a parent or official guardian that is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty. The term “member of the armed forces” includes:• active duty uniformed members (parents or official guardians) of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; activated/ mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard (Army or Air Guard), or activated/mobilized members of the Reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; and uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA).
- The child has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS), as well as children in a conservatorship as a result of an adversary hearing. This includes children returned to home, kinship placement, and/or adoptions.
Required DocumentationBefore registration will be completed, all students entering a Bastrop ISD school for the first time must have:
New PreK and Kindergarten students can begin their online New Student enrollment by clicking here. Please call your child's campus for information and questions concerning the Bastrop ISD Pre-Kindergarten program.Cedar Creek Elementary(512) 772-7600Bluebonnet Elementary(512) 772-7680Lost Pines Elementary(512) 772-7700Red Rock Elementary(512) 772-7660Emile Elementary(512) 772-7620Mina Elementary(512) 772-7640
- Proof of residency –
- Current household utility statement in the parent’s or guardian’s name (electric or water) showing an address within the District’s boundaries. 911 address only, no PO boxes.
- Current lease agreement that does not expire before the start of the new school year.
- Current rent receipt.
- Sworn affidavit of parent or guardian that the parent or guardian and the child seeking admission are bona fide residents of the District, i.e., that they eat, sleep, and maintain clothing and other personal effects at an address within the District’s boundaries shown on the application for admission.
- If proof of residence is not in parent’s name, you must have a notarized Host Family Form signed by the residence owner.
Please note: *current means within 30 days of registration.
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- Child’s current immunization record
- Your child must be available for testing if qualifying based on limited English Language Proficiency.
- Income information on all household members
- Active duty military participation will require the following documents: Department of Defense Identification and a Statement of Service from the Adjutant General/ Director of Human Resources or an official letter from a commander that he/she is active/mobilized.