As of the 2021-22 school year, Bastrop ISD offers full-day pre-Kindergarten to eligible children at all six elementary schools.
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten, your child must be 4 years of age by September 1 and meet at least one of the following requirements as required by state law. Current documentation will be required.
- Children whose first language is not English
- Child needs to be language tested by appointment
- Complete a LPAC Placement meeting
- Children who are educationally disadvantaged
- Must provide proof of income (one month's worth of current pay stub/pay statement or letter from employer stating gross wages paid and how often they are paid), SNAP, TANF benefits letter or Medicaid approval letter (Click Here to see Federal Income Guidelines )
- Children of active military personnel
- Department of Defense Photo ID
- Children of military personnel who are injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Statement of Service
- Death certificate, Purple Heart orders or citation
- Missing in Action
- Line of duty determination showing wounded or injured NOT in combat
- Copy of a letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs indicating that the service member is eligible for disability compensation
Parents of NEW Pre-Kindergarten students will need to complete an online enrollment application. Visit our Online Enrollment Portal to begin this process.
- Children who are currently or have ever been in foster care in the state of Texas following an adversary hearing
- Copy of Letter from DFPS
- Copy of 2085
- Children who are or were in foster care in another state
- Children who are currently homeless
- SRQ form
- Children of a person awarded the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002 Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
- The office of the Governor, Criminal Justice Division honors recipients annually in September. The resolution (certificate) awarded to an individual serves as proof of eligibility to enroll age eligible children in free pre-k. If you have been nominated, but not notified as an honoree prior to the current school year, you may provide the nomination submitted for review to the Criminal Justice Division.