Applications for both P-TECH Academies are always being accepted! You can apply in one of two ways:
Click here to complete the online application or
Click here for a downloadable application - English / Spanish
If you download and print the application, you can turn in your completed and signed application in one of the following ways:
1) hand it in to any middle school or high school counselor,
2) email pictures of both sides of your application to email@example.com, or
3) mail your application to:
BISD PTECH c/o Steve Henn/Dawn Vinklarek, BISD Service Center, 906 Farm St., Bastrop, TX, 78602
Check out our new informational video for an overview of what P-TECH looks like in Bastrop ISD:
Want to learn more? Click on the pages on the left-hand menu to learn more about each academy.
You can also fill out the BISD PTECH Interest/Information Request form and we'll be sure to reach out to you.
Or, read below for details about BISD's PTECH Academies in Health Science and Advanced Manufacturing.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology; Early College High school
P-TECH programs are called Academies - BISD has two P-TECH Academies opening up in the fall of 2022. At Cedar Creek High School there will be an Advanced Manufacturing Academy; At Bastrop High School there will be a Health Science Academy
P-TECH Academies are built on 6 primary principles:
1. P-TECH is an innovative public school model offering a seamless pathway from high school to career
2. P-TECH high school and college level courses are embedded into students' existing high school schedule
3. P-TECH academies are open enrollment for all BISD students who are rising 9th graders
4. P-TECH academies provide opportunities every year for relevant and engaging work-place learning
5. P-TECH programming is entirely cost free
6. P-TECH program completers are first in line for interviews with BISD partner employers