Welcome to the Bastrop ISD P-TECH Hub!
Bringing together the best elements of high school, college, and the professional world
Bastrop’s Vision for both Health Science (BHS) and Advanced Manufacturing (AMA) P-TECH programs:
A dynamic program, evolving to meet the needs of our developing workforce, and preparing students for high-wage and in-demand jobs.
Goals of the P-TECH Program:
Develop cohorts of students that collaboratively create a vision and work towards goals for their futures.
Provide opportunities for students to connect with business professionals and be set up for success in the workplace.
Increase individualized and personalized support for students.
Improve performance in core classes and increase appreciation for all things learned in school
Work-Based Learning Elements
Connect with Professionals • Access to Professionals • Mentors • Hands-on Learning • Create a Vision for the Future • Career Portfolio Development • Resume and Cover Letter Development • Job Search Skills • Interviewing Skills • Networking • Job Shadowing • On-site Visits
Applications for BISD P-TECH Academies are always being accepted! You can apply in one of two ways:
If you download and print the application, you can turn in your completed and signed application in one of the following ways:
1) hand it in to any middle school or high school counselor,
2) email pictures of both sides of your application to email@example.com, or
3) mail your application to:
BISD PTECH c/o Steve Henn/Dawn Vinklarek, BISD Service Center, 906 Farm St., Bastrop, TX, 78602
Check out our new informational video for an overview of what P-TECH looks like in Bastrop ISD:
Want to learn more? Click on the pages on the left-hand menu to learn more about each academy.
You can also fill out the BISD PTECH Interest/Information Request form and we'll be sure to reach out to you.
Or, read below for details about BISD's PTECH Academies in Health Science and Advanced Manufacturing.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology; Early College High school
P-TECH programs are called Academies - BISD has two P-TECH Academies opening up in the fall of 2022. At Cedar Creek High School there will be an Advanced Manufacturing Academy; At Bastrop High School there will be a Health Science Academy
P-TECH Academies are built on 6 primary principles:
1. P-TECH is an innovative public school model offering a seamless pathway from high school to career
2. P-TECH high school and college level courses are embedded into students' existing high school schedule
3. P-TECH academies are open enrollment for all BISD students who are rising 9th graders
4. P-TECH academies provide opportunities every year for relevant and engaging work-place learning
5. P-TECH programming is entirely cost free
6. P-TECH program completers are first in line for interviews with BISD partner employers