Applications for both P-TECH Academies are always being accepted! You can apply in one of two ways:
If you download the application, you'll need to print it, complete it, including necessary signatures, and hand it in to any middle school or high school counselor. Or you can mail your application to:
Steve Henn - PTECH Coordinator, Bastrop ISD Service Center, 906 Farm St., Bastrop, TX, 78602
Already applied and been accepted? Summer Bridge is coming up quick - June 20-23 - Advanced Manufacturing Academy @ Cedar Creek PTECH; June 27-30 - Health Science Academy @ Bastrop PTECH - click on the pages on the lefthand menu to learn more about each academy.
You can also fill out the BISD PTECH Interest/Information Request form and we'll be sure to reach out to you.
Or, read below for details about BISD's PTECH Academies in Health Science and Advanced Manufacturing.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology; Early College High school
P-TECH programs are called Academies - BISD has two P-TECH Academies opening up in the fall of 2022. At Cedar Creek High School there will be an Advanced Manufacturing Academy; At Bastrop High School there will be a Health Science Academy
P-TECH Academies are built on 6 primary principles:
1. P-TECH is an innovative public school model offering a seamless pathway from high school to career
2. P-TECH high school and college level courses are embedded into students' existing high school schedule
3. P-TECH academies are open enrollment for all BISD students who are rising 9th graders
4. P-TECH academies provide opportunities every year for relevant and engaging work-place learning
5. P-TECH programming is entirely cost free
6. P-TECH program completers are first in line for interviews with BISD partner employers