Welcome to the Bastrop ISD P-TECH Hub!
Bringing together the best elements of high school, college, and the professional world
Applications for BISD P-TECH Academies are always being accepted! Click here to complete the online application.
Bastrop’s Vision for both Health Science (BHS) and Advanced Manufacturing (AMA) P-TECH programs:
A dynamic program, evolving to meet the needs of our developing workforce, and preparing students for high-wage and in-demand jobs.
Goals of the P-TECH Program:
- Develop cohorts of students that collaboratively create a vision and work towards goals for their futures.
- Provide opportunities for students to connect with business professionals and be set up for success in the workplace.
- Increase individualized and personalized support for students.
- Improve performance in core classes and increase appreciation for all things learned in school
Work-Based Learning Elements
Connect with Professionals • Access to Professionals • Mentors • Hands-on Learning • Create a Vision for the Future • Career Portfolio Development • Resume and Cover Letter Development • Job Search Skills • Interviewing Skills • Networking • Job Shadowing • On-site Visits
You can apply in one of two ways: Click here to complete the online application or click here for a downloadable application - English / Spanish.
If you download and print the application, you can turn in your completed and signed application in one of the following ways:
1) hand it in to any middle school or high school counselor,
2) email pictures of both sides of your application to email@example.com, or
3) mail your application to: BISD PTECH c/o Steve Henn/Dawn Vinklarek, BISD Service Center, 906 Farm Street, Bastrop, TX 78602.
Check out our new informational video for an overview of what P-TECH looks like in Bastrop ISD:
Want to learn more? Click on the pages on the left-hand menu to learn more about each academy.
You can also fill out the BISD PTECH Interest/Information Request form and we'll be sure to reach out to you.
Or, read below for details about BISD's PTECH Academies in Health Science and Advanced Manufacturing.
P-TECH stands for Pathways in Technology; Early College High school
P-TECH programs are called Academies - BISD has two P-TECH Academies opening up in the fall of 2022. At Cedar Creek High School there will be an Advanced Manufacturing Academy; At Bastrop High School there will be a Health Science Academy
P-TECH Academies are built on 6 primary principles:
1. P-TECH is an innovative public school model offering a seamless pathway from high school to career
2. P-TECH high school and college level courses are embedded into students' existing high school schedule
3. P-TECH academies are open enrollment for all BISD students who are rising 9th graders
4. P-TECH academies provide opportunities every year for relevant and engaging work-place learning
5. P-TECH programming is entirely cost free
6. P-TECH program completers are first in line for interviews with BISD partner employers