The Department of Curriculum & Instruction oversees teaching and learning in Bastrop ISD. We value continuous improvement, individualized attention, collaboration, and a welcoming, caring environment. At the end of the day, ensuring academic success for all students comes down to no excuses, quality teaching and learning, believing that all students can learn, purposeful staff development, and all adults in the system being focused on the needs of students.
Within the department are a number of important functions, including:
- Advanced Academics
- Assessment and Accountability
- Bilingual/English as a Second Language
- Career and Technical Education
- Digital Learning
- Fine Arts
- Special Programs and Services (special education)
As the largest department in Bastrop ISD, our primary responsibilities include:
- Developing aligned, rigorous, and relevant curriculum and assessment for all grade levels and courses, for both general education and special education.
- Supporting the campus leadership and staff in the implementation of the written, taught, and assessed curriculum.
- Providing and supporting high-quality, research-based staff development based on identified instructional needs.
- Overseeing the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all federal, state, and local programs/initiatives.
Laila Olivarez, Associate Superintendent of Academics
- Kylie Adams
- Nathan Anderson
- Emily Bain
- Blanca Carrizales
- Stanya Castillo
- Heather Christie
- Jennifer Edenfield
- Jen Greene-Gast
- Martha Griffin
- Dr. Jason Hewitt
- Les Hudson
- Crissye Johns
- Lana Johnson
- Corrine Leal
- Myra LeGros
- Dr. Tina Lozano
- Lucy Malina
- Lydia Martinez
- Todd McBride
- Chico Portillo