What You Need to Enroll
When enrolling a student for the first time in BISD, you will need to complete an online enrollment application. Visit our Online Enrollment Portal to begin this process. Before enrollment may be completed, parent/guardian must provide the following documents:
- Child's original certified birth certificate
- Child's social security card (a state ID may also be used)
- Driver license or photo ID of parent/guardian enrolling child
- Current immunization records (Click here to view review immunization requirements.)
- Current proof of residency in BISD (utility bill in parent's/guardian's name (gas, electric, water) for a 911 address (no PO boxes); recently paid rent receipt; current lease agreement; signed purchase contract)
- Withdrawal form from previous school district including last report card or transcript of grades
Please note: All required documents and your completed and approved online enrollment application are due to the campus registrar no later than 3 PM on Friday, August 14 in order to attend school on the first day of classes (Tuesday, August 18th).
Proof of ResidencyBased on School Board Policy FD(LOCAL), each school year, Bastrop ISD requires ALL parents/guardians to provide at least one of the following documents as proof of residency within the District boundaries.
- A current household utility statement in the parent’s or guardian’s name (electric or water ONLY) showing an address within the District’s boundaries (911 address only, no PO box)
- A recently paid rent receipt
- A current lease agreement
If proof of residence is not in the parent’s/guardian's name, a notarized Host Family Form signed by the residence owner is required.