• What You Need to Enroll

    When enrolling a student for the first time in BISD, you will need to complete an online enrollment application. Visit our Online Enrollment Portal to begin this process. Before enrollment may be completed, parent/guardian must provide the following documents:

    • Child's original certified birth certificate
    • Child's social security card (a state ID may also be used)
    • Driver license or photo ID of parent/guardian enrolling child
    • Current immunization records (Click here to view review immunization requirements.) 
    • Current proof of residency in BISD (utility bill in parent's/guardian's name (electric, gas, water) for a 911 address (no PO boxes); recently paid rent receipt; current lease agreement; signed purchase contract)
    • Withdrawal form from previous school district including last report card or transcript of grades

    Proof of Residency

    Based on School Board Policy FD(LOCAL), each school year, Bastrop ISD requires ALL parents/guardians to provide at least one of the following documents as proof of residency within the District boundaries.
    • A current household utility statement in the parent’s or guardian’s name (electric, water, gas) showing an address within the District’s boundaries (911 address only, no PO box)
    • A recently paid rent receipt
    • A current lease agreement

    If proof of residence is not in the parent’s/guardian's name, a notarized affidavit signed by the residence owner is required.

    Verification of Residency Affidavit (host family form) - English

    Declaración jurada de verificación de residencia (formulario de familia anfitriona) - en español


    If you need help or have any questions, please contact your child’s campus or send your question to our Registration Help Desk. If you do not know what campus your child will attend, view our attendance zone map.