What You Need to Register
Before enrollment may be completed, all students entering a Bastrop ISD school for the first time must have:
- Up-to-date immunization records
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card (a state ID may also be used)
- Proof of residency (utility bill)
- Last report card or transcript of grades
- Accompanying parent or guardian with a photo ID
Students must live in the Bastrop School District boundaries. All Bastrop ISD students, new and returning, will be required to provide proof of residency, as established in the BISD Board PolicyFD (local).
- Pre-Kindergarten – Age 4 by September 1, 2019
- Kindergarten – Age 5 by September 1, 2019
PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Based on School Board Policy (FD local), Bastrop ISD requires each student to provide at least one of the following documents, on an annual basis, as proof of residency within the District:
- A current* household utility statement in the parent’s or guardian’s name (electric, or water ONLY) showing an address within the District’s boundaries. 911 Address only, no PO Boxes.
- A recently paid rent receipt.
- A current* lease agreement.
- Sworn affidavit of parent or guardian that the parent or guardian and the child seeking admission are bona fide residents of the District, i.e., that they eat, sleep, and maintain clothing and other personal effects at an address within the District’s boundaries shown on the application for admission.
If proof of residence is not in parent’s name, you must have a notarized Host Family Form signed by the residence owner.
Please note: *current means within 30 days of registration.
If you need help or have any questions, please contact your child’s campus directly for information concerning enrollment. If you do not know what campus your child will attend, view our attendance zone map.