The Bastrop ISD Bond Election originally scheduled for May 2, 2020 has been cancelled.
In the fall of 2019, a Citizens Advisory Task Force, made up of 59 community members studied, analyzed, and weighed the current and future needs of the district. Based on the committee’s recommendations, the Bastrop ISD Board of Trustees called for a $140,159,000 bond election to be held on May 2, 2020. The proposed bond has no tax rate increase and includes projects for all campuses, including building a new elementary school. Other projects address safety and security, growth in enrollment and instructional program capacity, district-wide renovations and improvements, and special purpose facilities. As required by law, the bond will be presented on the ballot as two propositions.
Visit our Resources page to access and download educational materials related to the 2020 bond.
PROPOSITION A: $134,248,000
Safety & Security - $9,090,431
- Redesigned front entry at most campuses
- Security fencing and access doors for interior courtyards at middle schools
- Security curtains on interior windows of identified classrooms at CCHS
Growth & Instructional Capacity - $97,854,749
- New elementary school & land
- Consolidation of Mina Elementary to one side of Hill Street, including additional classrooms, redesigned front entry, dining area, and new playground
- Transformation of intermediate schools to middle schools for grades 6-8.
- Replacement of portables at BHS with permanent academic wing
- Renovation of choir and dance classrooms at BHS and expansion of Career & Technical Education facilities.
- Additional classrooms at CCHS to increase capacity to 2,100 students
General Renovations & Improvements - $27,302,820
- Infrastructure and building system renovations at all campuses
- Addition or renovation of concessions, restrooms and dressing rooms for BHS softball & baseball
- Expansion of weight rooms at middle schools
- Expansion or improvements of parking lots and driveways at elementary schools
PROPOSITION B: $5,911,000
Special Purpose Facilities - $5,911,000
- Renovation of sports center and locker rooms at BHS
- Artificial surface for Erhard Field