• If enrolling a student who lives in a shelter, in a motel or transitional housing, in an abandoned building, car, campground, on the street, or in a temporary foster home with an adult who is not your parent or legal guardian, you DO NOT need to provide the following information :

    • proof of residence
    • immunization records or a TB skin test result
    • birth certificate
    • school records
    • legal guardianship papers
    For additional information on Homeless students or Unaccompanied Youth, contact Norma Mercado at (512) 772-7133 or by email a nmercado@bisdtx.org. For more information about your rights as a homeless student, see the documents below: