Vendor Solicitation Rules
Bastrop ISD restricts access to its campuses by third-party vendors except as expressly authorized and according to the rules below.
- BISD has contracts with our benefit providers which were all competitively bid. BISD's benefit administrator is First Financial Group of America. Please contact Taylor Silguero at (512) 630-6654 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on submitting a proposal during our next bid process.
- All 403(b) retirement plan vendor agents must agree to our Third Party Administrator's (TPA) requirements. BISD's TPA is TCG Administrators. Please contact Scott Hauptmann at (512) 600-5230 or email@example.com for further information.
- A 403(b) vendor agent may be invited to district-sponsored events to set up a marketing table and schedule appointments with employees to discuss products. These events will be coordinated by BISD and TCG staff.
- BISD has a closed campus policy regarding solicitation by third party vendors. This means that Agents/Solicitors are not allowed on campus to meet with employees to discuss retirement planning or products except as specifically authorized.
- Agents/Solicitors may not send sales materials or any type of literature to employees through BISD email.
- Agents/Solicitors may not drop off any literature to be distributed on campus or placed in employees' mailboxes. BISD internal mail is not available for use by third parties.
- Agents/Solicitors may not use district phone numbers to solicit employees.
- Any Agent/Solicitor who violates any of BISD's policies will lose any and all privileges for soliciting BISD employees on school property. Any violations may also be referred to the Agent/Solicitor's retirement plan vendor or the Texas Department of Insurance.