The Human Resources Department is dedicated to recruiting and retaining the best, qualified teachers and education professionals in Texas. We provide compassion, confidential and ethical support to our valued employees. The BISD Human Resources Department oversees recruiting and hiring, benefits, pay grades, employee relations, employee evaluations, and new employee processing.
Bastrop ISD seeks qualified applicants who believe in making a difference for students and who embrace community, pride, and purpose. We offer:
- Competitive pay in central Texas, especially for beginning teachers.
- $6,000 stipend for bilingual teachers (other stipends available on the website).
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, life, and disability insurance benefits. Free $10,000 life insurance policy for all BISD employees.
- Instructional support and on-going professional development provided year-round.
- Campus-level instructional coaching assistance.
- Strongly aligned feeder patterns within campuses.
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness programs.
- Genuine, small town, close-knit community feel with access to big city living and entertainment in Austin, Texas.
Watch this video to learn more about our award-winning school district and your career growth opportunities.
Bastrop Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. BISD prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request.
BASTROP ISD IS ACCREDITED BY THE TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY.
Penné Liefer, Executive Director of Human Resources