SmartFind: Creating an Absence

Talent-Ed Records

  • If you need to update any of the following, please click the link below:

    • W4
    • Direct deposit
    • Address change
    • Request personnel records
    • Complete a resignation/retirement form


    Click here to login to TalentEd Records.


Employee Resignation/Retirement

    • In order to separate from the Bastrop ISD, you resign through TalentEd Records. Here is a link to the resignation/retirement process for the 2022-23 school year: TalentEd Records

    • If you are also retiring through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), please contact them directly. You may access their website via or call 1-800-223-8778. Please note: Although your resignation is processed through BISD, your retirement is processed through the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS). BISD cannot address questions related to retirement.
      • If you need to update your name, address, or phone number, please click on the following link for directions to access TalentEd Records: TalentEd Records
      • If you have any questions regarding insurance coverage (including COBRA) contact the BISD Benefits Manager, Stephanie Davis, at 512-772-7135.
      • In order for the district to receive feedback on your experience in Bastrop, we would encourage you to complete the Exit Questionnaire Survey that will be sent to you electronically.
      • To request your district service records, complete and submit the Employee Records Request by following these Instructions to request Service Records.
      • If you are interested in substituting, please contact Casandra LaFuente at

    • While you are still employed with BISD, you will have access to:
      • Skyward Employee Access - You may view your personal information, employment records, and payroll information. After your last day of employment with the district, this information will be inactivated.


    We appreciate your service to the students of BISD and wish you the best in your future endeavors!