District of Innovation
The District of Innovation (DOI) concept is part of Texas House Bill 1842, passed during the 84th Legislative Session in 2014 and allows traditional school districts the opportunity to utilize flexible operation strategies similar to open-enrollment charter schools. The DOI process and local innovation plan, if approved, will be fully integrated with the Strategic Action Plan developed during the strategic design process. The Texas Education Agency provides helpful information on the DOI process as well as a list of districts in Texas who are Districts of Innovation. The Texas Association of School Boards is another great resource for teachers, parents, and others to understand the process of becoming a District of Innovation as well as what other districts around the state have done. TASB has created a searchable chart that presents district plans that are final or in process.
On this page, you will find some helpful documents such as the original presentation made to the Bastrop ISD Board of Trustees, the resolution adopted by the BISD Board, and a list of committee members.
- Bastrop ISD District of Innovation Plan 5.16.17
- Bastrop ISD Distrito de Innovación Plan 5.16.17
- DOI Presentation to Board Feb 21
- Board Resolution
- BISD - DOI timeline
- BISD Local Innovation Committee 3.23.17
- DOI Committee Meeting April 6
- DOI Committee Meeting April 10
- DOI Committee Meeting March 23
- DOI Committee Meeting March 30